Saturday 18 July 2015

Sizzling Colour

First Attempt
Nature does colour well, doesn’t it?  A vase of cut flowers from the garden lifts the spirit.  Number One Daughter (And Very Experienced Floral Designer) gave me a good tip.  I initially used some white flowers to compliment the reds, yellow and orange tones.  She says this is a common mistake when using colour.  She suggested I add some lime green foliage and as ever, she is right.  She also reminded me that less is more so I must curb my enthusiasm to achieve a more satisfying result. The subsequent vase looks so much better - though clearly I still have a long way to go.  She also suggested that pink would work equally well but I could not find a suitable pink flower with the right tone.  Maybe next time….. 
Improving








No comments:

Post a Comment